skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Cake Balls
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared cream cheese frosting (you can mix and match cakes and frostings!)
- Dipping (melting) chocolate, I use I thing chocolate and one thing white chocolate, Baker's I believe.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl (let stand for ~20 minutes first), and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. (I just took some out on a spoon, and rolled it between my hand to form a ball) place on wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- After formed, pop them into the freezer for at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Dip the balls into melted chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them (I just used my fingers). Place on waxed paper and return to the fridge to set.
YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment